Friday, February 12, 2021

Grey Alphabetacy Gen 1.1

 Look I know I'm probably crazy to try this, but I'm going to do it. I really want to complete and Alphabetacy, and since my last attempt I ended as just a legacy, I want to see if I can finally go for 26 generations. Nothing out of the ordinary here aside from the fact that I'll just have one pregnancy each generation. I know you're supposed to have 3 kids, but normally I have multiples a lot, so there'll probably be a 3 kid generation at some point. This is going to be super chill since I'm trying to get back into playing and writing. Anyway, let's meet my founders.

On the left is Kyra Mayer. Her traits are Loner, Cheerful, and Clumsy, and her aspiration is Best Selling author.

On the right is Lily Grey. Her traits are Childish, Music Lover, and Goofball, and her aspiration is Soulmate.

I think I made these two as townies for someone's berry save like at least 4 years ago. I'm excited to play them myself.

Lily and Kyra move to my favorite world, Sulani. It took everything in me to not use money cheats to build them a decent house. I really hate starter houses a lot. I'm not good at building and decorating as I go.

They live near the waterfall, which gives them a place to get more, uh, intimate, if they don't feel like using the bed that is.

I don't even know what to think by looking at your reaction.

Lily: I mean it was nice and all, but I almost slipped and knocked myself out, and Kyra really had to pee. It kind of killed the mood.

I see...

Lily: I'm both turned on and disappointed.    

Kyra: Why is our stupid TV so small. I can't even see anything!

Lily: I don't need to see anything with you by my side.

Kyra: Awwww

Lily: That reminds me. I want to be a Paranormal Investigator.

Kyra: How did our TV or touching moment remind you of that.

Lily: I need to cram in as many dates with you as I possibly can, so I have enough points to buy my license. They don't let just anyone investigate the paranormal. It's a legitimate business.

Kyra: So you don't even like me? You're just with me to get a job?

Lily: I literally married you of course I like you.

Kyra: You're not making any of this sound romantic.

Lily: You're my soulmate, and normally I think whoever's controlling us would just take our time and let us be all lovey and cute if I didn't need these dates to get my license now! I mean we don't even have walls or floors. We need money.

It's true. I'm all for cuteness and love. I had no idea that you actually had to be "certified" to join that career track. Probably should've done a play through first.

Lily: Kyra's at work, and I can't work, so I'm bored.

Why don't you become a spellcaster?

Lily: Works for me!

Lily: Hey you're colorful like me! Will you teach me magic.

L. Faba: First,  you must collect seven motes.

Lily: What's a mote.

L. Faba.: You'll be able to see them, temporarily, once I give you mote vision.

Lily: So they're out there just floating around all the time? One could be floating through me right now?

L. Faba: I suppose...

Lily: I wonder if these actually do anything?

Honestly? Same.

Meanwhile, back inside...

L. Faba: I'm going to have to ask you to leave.

Minerva: Why?

L. Faba: I hate you. Now leave before I turn you into a speck of dust.

Yeah these two hate each other for some reason. It's always kind of funny to me who sims randomly decide to despise when you're not playing them.

Lily: So I found those motes.

L. Faba: Let us begin.

Lily: Are you like pulling my soul out of my body because I didn't sign up for that.

Lily: Huh. That actually wasn't that bad. I can't wait to practice magic!

Normally I'd send you to Caster's Alley to get a wand, broom, and familiar, but you have like $100, so it's time to go home.

Lily: Well I guess I'll get all that some other time.

Spoiler: I forgot to bring her back, so yeah that didn't happen (yet anyway).

Lily: Guess what, babe? I'm a wizard.

Kyra: Cool? I bought us a desk. Can we sit at it? No. Can we place a computer on it? Also no, but it's a desk all the same.

Lily: You should've let me buy cool magic stuff with that money. 

Kyra: I kind of need the desk for work.

Lily: And I kinda need the magic stuff to be magical.

Doing all the Soulmate requirements in a row like this reminds me of the 50 Dream Dates LTW in Sims 2. It was fun seeing couples be all cute, but then it also started feeling like a chore after a while.

Lily: For our final date, I decided to take you somewhere besides our house.

Kyra: Our final date ever?

Lily: Nah, just the final date I need for my aspiration.

Kyra: Oh cool. Just checking.

Lily: OMG can you believe that every single celebrity the game generated ran through this very beach at the same time?! EEE!!!

Kyra: I know it's wild! Best date ever!

I wish I got a picture of them all running in a straight line. It was kind of hilarious.

Cute swing picture is cute, and Lily now has enough aspiration points to buy her license. 

Lily: I have my first gig tonight. Better get it all out, so I don't pee my pants when the ghosts show up.

Smart idea, honestly.

Lily: Oh god, why did all the lights stop working? It's happening now, isn't it?

Kyra: I don't even want to know.

Lily: Come here. I'll protect you from the haunted slime puddle.

Kyra: Is this going to happen every night?

Lily: Possibly? I really hope not?

Ectoplasm covered, disembodied arms are a no for me.

Kyra: I'm too afraid to leave my room.

You're good. It's daytime now, so it's all over.

Kyra: I hope it's not possible to die of fright.

You and me both.

Kyra: I don't trust that they're gone. I'm gonna hide outside.

Because standing in radioactive water is so much safer than ghosts?

Kyra: It's soothing.

Suuure

Just a perfectly normal hobby. Nothing to see here.

Lily: I think that doll is going to try and steal my food.

Our your soul...

Lily: Why would you say that? Now I'm even more terrified.

Kyra: Look now I have a computer and a chair! I can actually work now.

Kyra: Oh yeah, I'm also pregnant, not that  you care. You were too busy paying attention to Lily and her ghosts.

I do care, I just wanted to get a picture with you and the confetti, but apparently you popped while you were at work.

Kyra: Whatever helps you sleep at night.

And she's floating now. That's definitely new, and probably not safe.

Lily: Really? I had to summon angry spirits? Why couldn't I summon cute, nice ones?

Lily: Here, all I have to offer is a cute picture of me and my wife. Will you take it?

Lily: Ooookay,  you don't look like  you'll be happy with a picture. You look like you need a soul to eat, so, uh, here.

Lily: That was terrifying, even if they did leave behind some sketchy looking gifts. I want to see what Bonehilda does next!

You're really not phased by any of this are you?

Lily: Meh, not really. I am worried that Bonehilda's gonna try and steal my wife.

I don't think you have to worry about that.

Lily: And then I gave the angry, little, red guy a soul, but I didn't know it would be a piece of my soul, y'know? Do you think it'll grow back?

Bonehilda: *is shocked*

Kyra: So is she here to stay or what?

You're not even bothered by a skeleton maid.

Kyra: I've learned it's best not to ask too many questions.

I think she's only here for a few hours, but Lily can summon her again.

Kyra: Good. I'm getting tired of doing all the housework.

Lily: Neat! I'm a ghost!

Lily: It's séance time! Let's exercise this house.

Kyra: All I wanted to do was finish my book in peace and quiet.

Lily: I knew I shouldn't have kept that gift. Those spirits were evil.

Lily: I failed. I'm a failure.

It's okay. It was just one night.

Lily: Nope, I'm done with the paranormal forever.

Even after all the trouble you went through to get your license?

Lily: You can take it. I don't want it anymore. Besides, Kyra's about to give birth. It's probably not safe to have all those evil, creepy things around a kid.

You're still summoning Bonehilda?

Lily: Yeah, she does all of our chores and makes us free food. I'm going to drink this and see what it does.

I wouldn't.

Lily: Too late! Looks like I'm fine.

Kyra: My water just broke. Time to head to the hospital.

Actually, you peed yourself...

Kyra: Nope, that was definitely my water breaking.

Lily: This is scarier than the ghosts! Also, why do I have two nose rings now?

Everyone meet our heir, Arrow Grey! He was born on love day, so Cupid and arrows. Yeah, I'm bad at coming up with names, and I wanted something I hadn't already used.

And since babies are boring, Cupid is aged up right away into a Fussy toddler (Boo!). He does have Kyra's elf ears, which makes me happy.

Also we now have wallpaper and flooring. Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment