Monday, May 18, 2020

Genetic Roulette Chapter 8

Last time Gerturde and Hubert moved out of the house, and baby Mopsa was born. Currently we have our founders Diana and Dionyza, Isabella (teen), Joseph (teen), Kate (child), Lavina (toddler), and Mopsa (baby) in the houses.


We start things off with some good, old fashioned potty-training.

 Diana is working on her LTW because to be honest I kind of forgot about it. Ooops?

Diana: How can you forget about me sweet tunes?

 Joseph: How much does she poop? Seriously what are we feeding her? I just cleaned out the toilet, and I had to clean it out again.

 Kate: Nothing, I thought I might have some people buy my muffins overnight.

I mean, it's more likely they'd steal the muffins, and your money.

 Random Townie: Hello, those muffins look delicious. How much?

Kate: That'll be $20.

Random Townie: For the whole plate?

Kate: No, just one muffin.

 Pairs: I don't want a muffin. I just want to know where your sister is.

Kate: Nope, not telling you unless you buy a muffin.

Paris: $20 for a muffin that's been sitting outside all night is ridiculous.

Kate: Do you want to see my sister or not?

 I'm guessing he bought that muffin.

 Kate: Weee! Now that I've made some money, time to play for the day.

 Joseph: Hey mom! I'm totally smarter than you. Want to test it out in a *dramatic voice* TRIVIA CHALLENGE?

Isabella: I don't know you.

Dionyza: Prepare to be annihilated.

 Joseph: Sorry the correct answer was Lama glama.

Dionyza: There's no way that's the scientific name for a llama.

Joseph: Oh, but it is. Fact. Look it up.


 You know after never seeing the ice cream truck for my first several weeks of playing, it sure is showing up a lot now. Not that I'm complaining. I sent all the kids out to go get ice cream.

 Joseph: Aren't  you just the cutest little baby ever? Yes you are!

 Joseph: And here's your dinner. I hope you like it!

You know with the amount of time you spend taking care of them, I'm surprised you don't want kids.

Joseph: I mean here's your stupid dinner. I hope it sucks!

 Kate: Hey mom? Do you want to play a trivia challenge with me?

Dionyza: No. I'm not letting another kid of mine make me look stupid.

 Joseph: I'm going to miss having you around Isabella.

Isabella: I'll still visit once I leave.

Joseph: That's what they all say, and how often have we actually seen our siblings?

Isabella: We did see Edgar and his bald kid last week.

Speaking of siblings, I have some updates.

Somehow, despite his constantly getting arrested as a teen, Hubert managed to get a job in law enforcement. I wonder who he had to bribe there.

Gertrude and Wilhemina as well as Hubert and Waylon got engaged (I just didn't get the second screenshot).

Then we have the weirdness of Francisca's family. So according to this, her romantic interest Alfred doesn't want to live with his mom anymore. A few hours later, I got a notification that they both moved out together, and they also took Alfred and Francisca's daughter with them.

Then Francisca's mother-in-law decided to date Gator Wolff. Which is hella creepy since Gator was a toddler when the game started, and she's an elder????

Alfred apparently officially moved on and is dating someone new. I'm surprised Francisca didn't murder him.

 Diana: Take as many pictures as you want, and if you happen to come across any where I'm majorly failing a basket ball, could you maybe delete them?

 Speaking of basketball.

Isabella: She shoots, she scores! Maybe I should be a professional athlete.

 Kate: You spoke to soon. It's the hoop master general, with nothin' but net here.

 Kate: Never mind.

 Diana: Francisca, what a nice surprise! You never call! You want to move back in with us, and you want my help stealing your daughter back from your husband's house. Uh...you have...the wrong number?

 Time for Isabella to grow up!

 She's pretty, and I love her!

Isabella's traits are: Perceptive, Eccentric, Perfectionist, Hydrophobic, Easily Impressed, and Sailor.

I'd be interested to see how it goes for her being a hydrophobic sailor. I guess as long as she stays in the boats she'd be alright.

 Kate: Woo! More space in the house. She's moving out now right?

 Paparazzi: And here is Joseph Kane in his natural habitat. Climbing a rock wall. It looks like we might have a future mountain climber in our midst. You heard it hear first folks!

Joseph: I could get used to someone narrating everything I'm dong.

I'm kind of already doing that...

Joseph: But you're not getting me famous.

 Time to stop by Paris's house, so he can grow up with Isabella!

 So I had the dresser part of NRAS installed for a bit, and this is what Paris turned into when it was through with him. Yeah...

 We zoom back home to find out that Diana is expecting the tenth baby of the challenge!

Diana: I hope it's a fairy.

Me too honestly. We've had too many vampires in a row.

 Isabella proposes! She's the first sim I've actually gotten to propose to their partner on her own. Go Isabella!

 Dionyza: Could you have at least showered before you sister's wedding?

Joseph: I don't understand. No one else had a wedding party before they left!

Dionyza: I guess Isabella is the favorite or something. I don't know. You still should've showered.


 Francisca: Haha my sister's getting married.

What are you wearing?

Francisca: It's the latest fashion. Everyone wears lace chokers and fingerless knit gloves.

If you say so.

 I guess I should've actually put everyone in decent formal wear. Oh well.

 Diana: I've made it to the big leagues I'm officially famous.

You're playing your own daughter's wedding at a mostly abandoned park.

Diana: I'm going to be rich!

 Gerturde and Edgar were polite enough to watch the ceremony. Everyone else was rude and ignored them.



 Isabella: Seriously, you smell disgusting. Go home.

Joseph: Too bad I'm already here, and  you can't make me leave.

Diana: Wooooooo! I got to see my child get married.

Edgar: Get a grip mom.

 So Isabella almost burned to death during the wedding. I didn't take into account she was a vampire. Since she's uncontrollable now, I had Dionyza invite her back to the house and try and save her.

Dionyza: Why does she have purple eye shadow on now?

That's what you're worried about?

Dionyza: Meh, a little sun won't kill her. See, she's sleeping peacefully on the sidewalk.

I'd like to see how you'd feel after spending hours in the sun.

Dionyza: One you don't like killing sims, and two you need me for the rest of the challenge. Idle threats.

 Totally how you play the xylophone. Totally normal.

Kate: Would you like to support your dear sister and buy a muffin?

Francisca: I'm not paying that much money for this crap.

Kate: Says the woman who's a walking fashion disaster. Is that why your boyfriend moved out.

Francisca: If you don't stop I'm about to flip this table over.

Kate: And then I'd make you pay for all the muffins.

TOTALLY NORMAL.

Lavinia was mega glitched. First playing the xylophone in the wall, then this, then she some how teleported inside a hill at the edge of town, and I couldn't get her out. I honestly don't even remember what I did in my game to fix her, but I got her back home.

Joseph: Um, moms? Hello? It's Lavinia's birthday.

Diana: Can't you see we're having a moment?

And so she spins into childhood with no one around.

Diana: What a beautiful night!

Dionyza: It sure is.

Diana: I know you're looking at me, and it's super cliche, abut I love it.

While her mothers were having a moment, Lavinia got a makeover. I'm trying to actually dress the kids in their favorite colors now. She gained the Photographer's Eye trait.

Lavinia: I'm so happy! I'm big enough to swing!

 I was super excited to see this honestly. With the exception of Hubert, since I didn't want his husband to end up headless like Edgar's did, I've had all my sims get pregnant when they move out. For some reason Isabella wouldn't, so I'm glad story progression took care of that.


And Hubert and Gertrude both got married! I would've loved to have a wedding party for both of them too last chapter, but neither got the option to propose, and I don't like to spend too much time away from the main family.

Apparently I didn't take any other pictures because soon it was Mopsa's birthday. I just love her SO MUCH! I mean look at her little face, and her big brown eyes, and her different wing color. She's adorable.

Also everyone's obsessed with chess now? I could've sworn they already had a chess table, but Joseph wanted one, and now everyone wants to play.

Lavinia: It seems we are at an impasse.

Joseph: Only because you won't move your first piece.

Lavinia: You move your first piece first!

Kate: I spy people having fun without me.

I took this picture because when I was looking for names, Mopsa was a shepherdess in a Shakespeare play (see I know so much about this name theme), and here she is playing with a sheep. I thought it was funny. I'm weird, I know.

What is it with you children and wanting to check the finance section?

Lavinia: Kate wanted me to check how her stocks were doing. She told me to trade the bad ones since I have the day off school, and she doesn't.

What did she even buy stock in?

Lavinia: I don't know. I don't even understand what I'm looking at.

Yes, we are definitely paying you to talk to this pregnant woman who's been living in our yard for the past few days.

Lavinia: Since I don't have school, I'm going to write the next great novel. My first word? The, it's always a great starting point.

Joseph is seriously a family sim in disguise. Maybe he doesn't want kids, but he still is really good with them. He pretty much constantly rolls wants for his younger siblings.

Kate: I love being a kid! No rules or responsibilities.

I mean, that's not exactly true.

Kate: I don't have to worry about anything except my stocks.

Diana: It's that time already? Damn, I thought I had longer.

Welcome baby Nestor to the family. Nestor is awesome because he is a boy and a fairy. Sorry, I just get tired when I have a lot of the same gender, and in this case supernatural, in a row in challenges like these.

Nestor is a slob that hates the outdoors. He likes hip hop, firecracker shrimp, and the color hot pink. (What is it with all these kids and pink?)

Kate: Here's your bottle! Too bad they don't have blood bottles for baby vampires. Maybe I should invent that. I'm sure I'd make a lot of money.

What are you wearing?

Diana: Clothes.

I can see that, but what is that outfit?

Diana: I'm pretty sure  you gave it too me.

I think I'd remember if I gave you leg warmers. Even Nestor is scared of your outfit!

Diana: Haters gonna hate.

I got a notification that Kate and Lavinia saw a wild horse, so I too had to see it. Look how majestic they are. Look at all the spots.

What are you doing?

Diana: Teaching my daughter about morning sickness.

Does she really need to watch you puke?

Diana: Yes.

Diana: Is she watching me?

Diana: I'm a great mom!

I'm not going to argue with that since you've had ten kids, but you've made some questionable parenting choices.

I once again forgot to get a good screen cap, but Diana has finally completed her LTW!

Diana: Now I can rock out to my heart's content. My kids can tell all their friends their mom's a rock star.

Joseph: It's so much fun to push you in your little swing! Why haven't we used this more often?

I forgot about it, plus it felt a little cheaty, but with so many kids it's a life saver.

Diana: Awe Kate, why are you giving me a present? It's your birthday!

Kate: It's a newspaper from today, so you can always remember what the stock market was like on the day I grew up.

Diana: That's so sweet of you!

You may think I'm over playing it, but she was constantly wanting to check the finance section, make money at the bake stand, and even had Swimming in Cash popup as a LTW, which I gave her.

One last game of mother daughter tag before she grows up. This warms my heart.

Kate: Aaaand I get to celebrate my birthday with that lady that refuses to go home for some reason.

Kate: Now there's a zombie. This is great. Everything is just fine.

Here's teenage Kate! I think she's really pretty honestly, though I think I say that about all of them. She added Can't Stand Art to her traits.

We'll end here with Diana discovering she's pregnant with baby number 11! I seriously can't believe almost all the kids for the challenge have been born. It's wild how time flies, even though I have been playing this family since November.

Points:
+30 for Dionyza achieving her Life Time Wish
+15 (5 for white eyes and 10 green for hair) for Edgar
+20 (10 each for pink eyes and green hair) for Francisca
+15 (10 for pink eyes and 5 for brown hair) for Gertrude
+10 (5 for white eyes and 5 for brown hair) for Hubert
+5 (5 for brown eyes and 0 for hair) for Isabella
+30 for Diana achieving her Life Time Wish
Total: 125


No comments:

Post a Comment