Monday, July 22, 2019

Perfect Alphabetacy Generation 0.1

 So yeah I'm going to give this Alphabetacy thing another try. I'm not going to really be playing by any rule sets or anything. This is mainly because I will also be trying a Perfect Genetics challenge along side it. I'm going to try and get 26 generations of pink haired and pink eyed sims. Since I have failed at both an Alphabetacy and a Perfect Genetics challenge in the past, I really want to get it right this time.

My founder is Luna Patterson. Luna is part of a group of sims that have been remaking since my Sims 1 days. There's a group of them that were all kids in Sims 1 that I have recreated as various different ages in the various versions of the game. So yeah, there's a little background on Luna.

Luna has the Musical Genius aspiration and the Childish, Cheerful, Geek, and Muser traits. I decided not to go with the required Dislikes Children trait. Basically I'm already breaking all the rules.



Luna gets a guitar and starts practicing for her aspiration right away. She also joins the Entertainment career.

This is Luna's wife Angel Johnson. She has the Big Happy Family aspiration and the Bookworm, Good, Gloomy, and Domestic traits.

She is also smiling kind of terrifyingly because she's in a very playful mood. She's sitting in time out, so she doesn't get hysterical.
The welcome wagon stops by for a visit. It consists entirely of the Gamely siblings, plus spouses. The Gamely family was the closest thing I had to a legacy family in Sims 1. They started out with a dad and his son lawn living, and they worked until they made enough money to live on that big mansion lot. Fun times reminiscing.

Since I saw a sim eating fruitcake, I had to find the offending plate immediately. It was left on one of the desk in the kid's room I built, and then it was promptly thrown away, so none of my sims had to eat it.

The guys seemed to be a lot more interested in the activity table instead of socializing.

They also found the popcorn maker. I wonder if it will provide a never ending supply of popcorn, like the one in my Name Game challenge.

Once the guests were gone, it was time to get started on the baby making.


Luna got pregnant on the first time and went to spread the good news to Angela. I take it the laughing is a good thing? Or is it more like nervous laughter I wonder.

A grilled cheese sandwich is always the perfect way to start any day. (Not that I would know since I don't eat it.)

While Luna works in the Entertainment career, I decided Angela was going to take odd jobs. We took the one about frogs.


Somebody tell me to stop taking pictures of Sulani. I'd never noticed the shipwreck before, which was kind of cool.

"I'm going to need you to backup like ten feet."

Angela pours some frog flakes (?) into the waterfall to try and entice the frogs into coming out.

A few seconds late we got this little guy and some of his buddies swimming around.

Angela actually wasn't that great at catching frogs. She caught some artifacts, a spoiled grilled cheese sandwich, and a toy before she managed to catch a frog. I'm totally not mad she caught a hypno frog, which I still need in my Easter Egg challenge.

I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot more of this collection (and hopefully completing it).

Angela puts some of her treasures on a shelf back home before looking for the next gig.

I guess now she's going to comb through the beach to find some trash.

She couldn't even find trash right? She found some duplicates of the artifacts we already had before finding some trash. I guess that's a good way to be bad at your job though because they were worth a decent amount.

"Ew! I'm pretty sure something touched my hand when I was digging around, and it definitely wasn't trash."

I'd be more grossed out by the trash to be honest.

One last picture! (Or probably not, knowing me.)

I had Angela work on her fitness when she got home because several of the jobs seem to require at least a level two or three in the skill.

Time for the Humor and Hijinks Festival! Doesn't Luna just look so thrilled to be there?

This dude decided it'd be cool to just sit down at Luna and Angela's table and join them. Gotta love random townies.

"I don't think you should be making a pregnant lady drink this."

It looks like Erwin took a break from running his stand in Strangerville to enjoy some fun.

Luna's older sister Ginny was running the souvenir stand. She seemed kind of horrified that Luna caught her there.

"It's so nice to spend some time together, don't you think?"

"Hmm what was that?"

Jokesters win, with little to no help from Luna or Angela. Oh well, at least they got the free stuff.

"I'm feeling a little blue."

Get inside now!

"That was miserable. Why did you send me out for night on the town when I'm clearly pregnant and miserable?"

Maybe some food will cheer you up?

"Nope still miserable!"

Are you joking? You're so miserable pregnant, but you're all ready thinking about having another baby? I don't understand you.

Angela, however, is not miserable. She's living her best life out on the pool floatie.

She also did horribly on the hiking gig she went on, but nothing's going to get her spirits down today.

"Yeah, I'm kind of in labor right now."

"That's nice honey."

Luna gave birth to a boy named Alec. Time will tell if he has the right genes or not.

Time to start trying again, since Luna wanted to, and I seriously doubt I got lucky enough on the first try to have a baby with pink hair and eyes.

Angela is a good mom.

"Guess what? I'm pregnant!"

"Already? Didn't we just have a kid."

From the look on her face, you'd think Luna had the Dislikes Children trait. Don't act like you didn't have the whim for this either.

"I just wanted to try to have a baby, not like actually have one."

Well you won't be the one to have this one.

"Thank goodness for that."

Puke pictures are gross, I know. I only took this one because I haven't seen one of my sims have morning sickness for a really long time, and I was started to think it was a glitch or something.

Angela's job today was to make some food for a "surprise" event and mail it to the customer. Seriously, who doesn't know they're catering an event. That guy must have some pretty terrible friends.

"Smelling that makes me nauseous."

Apparently running on the treadmill is totally okay when you're pregnant. Not that Angela actually looks like she's pregnant at all.

Time for Alec to grow up! He has the hair but not the eyes. He also rolled the Fussy trait.

No, she is not waiting for Alec. Yes, she's just playing with the dollhouse all on her own.

Step one was of course potty training. I don't let any of my toddlers rest until the reach at least skill level two.

"I made a mess in the potty." *sobs*

Angela tried to read Alec a story, but Luna was having none of that. You can tell who the fun parent is, and who the serious one is.

After Luna left, Alec quietly sat down and listened to Angela's story.

His face is just so cute! I'm sad he's not going to be heir.

It's Love Day, so I sent Luna and Angela on a date to the art museum to celebrate.

I just love this interaction so much!

"Um, can you leave? I'm trying to have a romantic moment with my wife."

"I'm watching your date to get some inspiration for my next work of art."

"No. Leave. Now."

Just look at his face! Look at it!

"Why are you playing outside? It's like 100 degrees."

"I will die of starvation if I don't get food now!"

And I thought Luna was the dramatic one!

Why couldn't you have had pink eyes? Why?

"Is something wrong? Why did you wake up mommy?"

"Because you were asleep."

I think the toddler pool is adorable, and it's one of my favorite additions from the Seasons pack. I also found out it raises hygine too.

"Listen, promise mommy you won't wake her or your other mommy up in the middle of the night."

"But I'm lonely!"

"You'll have a new sibling soon. You can wake them up."

Mother son dance party!

"I am soooo pregnant right now."

"I can see that."

So pregnant that she was about to give birth! Welcome to the family little Amos!

He senses a disturbance in the force.

I seriously do have to keep an eye on him all night, every night to make sure he doesn't wake up Luna and Angela. I need to get him on a better sleeping schedule.

Here is Amos as a toddler. (I guess nothing happened for a couple days?) Anyway, he also has the hair and not the eyes. He has also rolled the Fussy trait because it's super fun to have two fussy toddlers.

So far this is going the same way as my last attempt. I had seven kids, six had the hair and not the eyes, and one had the eyes but not the hair. Hopefully it doesn't take me as long this time.

I'll end this update with Angela announcing she's expecting again. Tune in next time to see if we can get a baby with our required genetics.

No comments:

Post a Comment