Friday, July 19, 2019

Name Game Generation One Chapter 1.3

Last time on the Name Game, my simself was super dumb, Arizona loved making messes, and the last two babies of the generation were born.

 Lucy meets Ivy, and she is none too happy about having a younger sister. Ivy's birth caused her true fussiness to come out.

 "Big cat, can you make the baby go away? Maybe eat her?"

 Lucy then proceeds to make a mess on the floor and then have a complete breakdown because she's still upset about Ivy. She's a complete emotional mess right now, and that just proves she's my simself's kid.

 Downstairs, the older three kids are doing their homework.

"Okay, don't cheat off my homework, okay? I know I'm the smart one, but it'd look weird if we all have the same answer."

"Arizona you haven't even started yet. Avery and I are almost finished."

"Well, don't come back and cheat on my homework when I'm finished. I know you can't resist peeking."

"I think we'll manage."

Avery just usually sticks to himself when they do homework. It's probably best he doesn't get in the middle of Arizona and Arjun's sibling rivalry.

 Avery also proves that he is my simself's child because as soon as he was finished with homework, he started playing video games.

 Arizona decided to go meet the latest addition to the family.

"Yeah, no. I don't like this one. Can we take her back?"

"I don't like her either!"

Lucy and Arizona continue to be close. Poor little Ivy. Everyone was either angry or sad when they went to see her.

 A rare night when everyone is actually sleeping at the same time.



 Fidele decides to really hover over Ivy, so she'll be able to take care of her right away. Well, right after she finishes this sketch for her job, that is.

 "Lucy, maybe let's try and eat something healthy for breakfast."

"NO! POPCORN HEALTHY!"

 I mean seriously, look at this face. I wouldn't want to argue with her. Lucy has done a complete 180 from being a sweet little toddler to being super moody.

 Arjun  has decided to go to bed at all kinds of weird hours, and he ends up waking up in the middle of the night. I usually try and send him back to bed, but that doesn't always work.

 It's the weekend, so it's time for Avery and Arjun to work on their aspirations. Arjun works on building up his social skill. I'm not sure who his BFF will be. I'm not a big fan of the Social Butterfly aspiration, honestly.

 Arjun, however, has the much easier aspiration of Rambunctious Scamp, and I managed to get him through the first stage of his aspiration.

 A rare moment where Lucy is actually behaving. She's just sitting quietly, playing with her blocks and working on her movement skill.

 And who is that inside the wild, destructive dust cloud?

 "Maybe if I close my eyes, she'll stop."

Parenting at it's finest.

 It's little Ivy all grown up! Ivy has the Wild trait. I can tell she's going to be a bit of a handful already.

 "Wee! I'm flying!"

My simself can be a good parent sometimes.

"I'm a good parent all the time."

Sure you are.

 It's New Years Eve, and it's time for a little dance party. Arjun decided to leave as soon as Arizona arrived. Those two don't really get along either.

"Haters gonna hate."

 "Seriously, Arizona? Right in front of mom?"

"Mom never notices anything."

"Well, mom noticed this time. You're going to time out."

"Ugh, you're all so unfair. I'll get you back for ratting me out Avery."

"Time out now!"

"Alright, alright I'm going."

 "And then you put the pretty block on top!"

"You don't know anything about blocks Ivy."

I don't know what exactly happened, but Lucy's relationship level with Ivy lowered, and she lost empathy points. Ivy needs protected at all costs.

 "This is the worst time out ever. They make me sit in front of the computer and stare at a blank screen. I can't just sit here and not turn it on. Must resist urge to turn on computer."

 "Big cat, will you be my friend?"

 "Ugh, my stomach."

I don't know how, but my simself keeps eating dishes that include meat. I'm extra careful to make sure all meals are vegetarian friendly, so she's purposefully going after meals with meat, but I have no idea where she's getting them. Great job on taking care of yourself Sim!Me.

 "La, la, la. Nothing to see here."

Arizona needs some kind of hobby. Maybe I should make her take up scouts.

 "Why are you making me cleanup this mess. It's not even mine."

You were standing right beside it.

"Doesn't mean it was my mess."

 "What does that word mean Arizona?"

 "Arizona was going to make a mess here."

Yeah, but she didn't.

"I'm cleaning up before she can make a mess. I'm pre-cleaning."

 I've been surprised by how much the toddlers use the play tunnels. Most of mine usually ignore it, but these kiddos love playing with it.

 Really? You'd rather watch the countdown on this tiny TV? My simself I expected, but you Arizona?

"Meh, I'm too lazy to walk downstairs."

 "I made a mess mommy! I didn't make it too the potty."

Ivy also proves she is my simself's child by being as incompetent as her when it comes to going to the bathroom.

You have no right to act that disgusted. You've had more accidents than I can even count.

 Why are you drawing? You don't have the Artistic Prodigy aspiration.

"I don't want Arizona to be able to use the activity table."

 And you?

"I just love making beautiful music."

 "You know you're my favorite, right Lucy?"

"I better be your favorite sister."

 "I DON'T WANT TO BE IN SCOUTS!"

Well tough because you need some kind of activity to keep you busy. You also curse a lot for a child.

 Arjun, you might be my new favorite. You're actually doing homework at the desk I put your room!

 Look at the gnomes she's drawing! Aren't they cute?

"Why are you being nice to me?"

"I have to be nice to someone for my scouting badge, and you're the closest person around."

"Makes sense."

"Why is there a giant ball of light behind your head? It looks like a giant portal about to swallow the world whole."

"Are you scared of it Arjun?"

"Maybe."

"Fear me and my mighty ball of light! Maybe Scouts has its perks after all."

"Please get that stinky bowl of popcorn away from me!"

"Back away, and no one gets hurt."

These toddlers look seriously evil whenever they're eating popcorn!

I'm surprised my simself can jump that high. Ah, the magical things you can do in video games.

It's almost Lucy's birthday, so she's working on her imagination skill. She just looks so sweet here!

"Yay water!"

I've never head toddlers play with the sprinkler before. I was surprised she didn't change into her bathing suit.

My simself? Actually parenting?

"Now what's on that block right beside you Ivy? It looks like a number. What number is it?"

"I know how to play blocks mommy! I don't need your help."

"I actually have no idea how to play blocks."

"Ugh, Arjun, you're choking me."

"No I'm not. I'm hugging you. Can't I give my sister a hug?"

"Get off of me."

"Tomorrow is my birthday! All hail the birthday girl!"

I'm excited. It means only one toddler in the house.

"Go to school. Learning is important!"

"Stop chasing me, mom. I'm going, I'm going."

Time for more projects! All three kids brought home different ones this time.

It was rebate day, so I bought a wishing well. You never know when it'll come in handy.

First portrait of the generation done! I hate how grainy the pictures look.

Maybe it's because Ivy is her last kid, but my simself is really stepping up in the parenting department. That or maybe she felt like Fidele needed a break.

Why did you wreck the dollhouse?

"I dunno. I was bored."

"How does hitting it with a hammer actually repair it? Shouldn't that just destroy it more?"

Don't ask to many questions. I just roll with it.

So this dude has been standing outside the house for a solid day. Apparently he's some kind of vendor. It's a little creepy honestly.

"It's my birthday! I'm cuter, so I should go first."

Fidele, however, blew out the candles before Lucy. I can't believe she's an adult already!

"Now it's your turn birthday girl!"

"Pretty flames!"

Lucy gained the Neat and Top-Notch Toddler traits and the Artistic Prodigy aspiration.

And now there's two of them...

While her siblings had school, Lucy decided to spend the day playing on the water slide.

"I'm too cool for school."

 "Hey Ivy what's it like knowing you're the only baby left?"

"I know I'll get more attention."

"You might have a point..."

 "Maybe if I don't look up she'll leave."

 I really love all the cute animations when kids play with toys. I hope they fix the toy glitch soon because it's so cute!

 My simself is back to living her best life by playing video games to increase her job performance.

 "Why am I the only one doing the dishes?"

"Because you're the only one who cares."

"Those were my dishes!"

"Wow, Arizona I thought you'd actually agree with me."

"First of all, that'll never happen. Second, cleaning helps me get another scout badge. Hand over the dishes Avery."

"No."

 "Whatever. I don't need Avery and his dishes. I just earned two more badges all by myself. I am amazing."

 Arjun is always doing extra credit work. He's my studious kiddo.

 "Hey Lucy, would you like $100?"

"Where did you get $100 from? You don't have a job."

"That's not important."

 Did you make that mess?

"Maybe."

Arizona's a bad influence on you.

 "Look at me. I'm out here fishing in the middle of the night, and no one even cares. What kind of parents do I have anyway."

Not very great ones if I'm being honest.

 "Oh come on! Can't you put some clothes on."

"No. I must be free."

"Gross. I'm going to have to sanitize the whole dollhouse before I can use it again."

 Lucy has taken after Arizona in a lot of ways. They both make messes, and they both have the Artistic Prodigy aspiration. Lucy's slightly better behaved, though.

 "Arjun, will you be my BFF?"

"I guess."

I'm really working hard to finish their aspirations. They have two days left before their birthdays. Arjun will be fine because he just needs to increase his motor skill by two points. Avery, however, has a long way to go with the Social Butterfly aspiration.

 "Look at me. I'm being responsible and taking out the trash."

 Now there are three of them. I really don't get what they're doing. It's not like the house is blocking them in any way.

 "If we become friends, will you leave."

"Sorry you're stuck with me kid."

 "Should we be worried that our kid is out there talking to strangers."

"Are they really strangers if they practically live on our lot. I mean, they never leave."

 "How about you mister? Will you leave if we're friends?"

"If we're friends, why would you want me to leave?"

"Because it's kind of creepy that you just stand here all day and look in our window."

 "Why don't they like my llama?"

I really don't know. Fidele had to keep redoing her llama character design over and over. These freelance jobs are a lot harder than I thought.

 I made a club with a few child age sims to get Avery the rest of his friends. Is it cheating? Who knows.

 Lucy managed to make some friends too when Avery wasn't busy hogging all their attention.

 I'm pretty sure the little blonde girl is realted to him somehow. Like a step cousin or something? The Command Center makes relationships a bit confusing.

 It's finally birthday time for the triplets! First up Arizona.

 Then Arjun.

 Finally, Avery.

 Arizona has the Friend of the World aspiration. Her traits now are: Creative, Childish, Top-Notch Toddler, Creatively Gifted, and Gregarious.

 Arjun has the Chief of Mischief aspiration. His traits now are: Mean, Cat Lover, Top-Notch Toddler, Physically Gifted, and Dastardly.

 Avery has the Bodybuilder aspiration. His traits now are: Glutton, Mean (joy another mean sim), Top-Notch Toddler, Socially Gifted, and High Metabolism.

 It looks like Avery is the homework slacker now.

 I guess they've decided to set aside their feud now that they're more "mature."

 My simself has decided to try her hand at parenting again. She needs to have one of the kids get an A in high school for her aspiration, so she probably has ulterior motives.

 "Ugh why do I have to do this?"

Because you need to work out to get another badge.

"But I haaate working out."

Join the club!

 This picture is here for no other reason than the view in Sulani still continues to amaze me by how gorgeous it is.

 "Now this is much more my style."

 Did you wear your swimsuit to school?

"All that matters is that I went to school. Who cares what I was wearing?"

I'd think your principal would send you home for violating dress code policies, but I guess that's just me.

 "Hey mom could you move for a sec? I need a better angle for my selfie."

"You could actually help me with the repairs, you know?"

"It looks like you got that covered. I'll just try the other bathroom."

 "This is the life. No rules, no chores. Just pure relaxation."

"Speak for yourself. I had to work out for a million hours. I earned this."

 "Oh I see how it is. I cooked this delicious, but weird looking soup for us, but you'd rather have cake."

"But it's cake!"

 You know what Avery, since you're so excited to get out of bed. I'm just going to let you stay up. Don't come whining to me when you're exhausted, and it's not even dinner time.

I have the hardest time getting everyone on a normal sleep schedule. Avery and Arjun are the worst offenders.

 I don't think you're going to get a tan laying there fully clothed, especially wearing a jacket and boots.

"You don't know anything. I'm going to have an awesome new tan in no time."

 Lucy wanted to make a wish, so I had her make an offering first. We don't want to be on the well's bad side.

 Lucy wished for better grades and soon got a call from her principal letting her know she's now a B student.

"Does this mean I don't have to do homework anymore?"

Uh....no....the grade thing with well is just a one time offer.

"Well that sucks."

 My simself is working on her painting skill because I realized I'll need a picture of Fidele to hang up in the house eventually.

 "Why are you taking so long to finish your homework?"

"Yeah, Avery and I were done like hours ago."

"I'm doing extra credit work."

"Nerd."

 "Mom, am I a nerd?"

"I don't have time to get between you and your sister and your petty arguments."

"Is that a no?"

 Can you at least put some clothes on for  your birthday?

"No!"

 That cake actually looks kind of gross.

"I know. I'm not going to eat it."

We end this update with a picture of Ivy as a child. She has the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration. Her traits are now: Art Lover and Top-Notch Toddler.

3 comments:

  1. Poor Ivy, everyone hating her initially. I like her, I think he's adorable. All the kids are cute, and I had to laugh at Avery wanting to be a body builder, even though he looks like the "nerd" or at least the guy who deals with accounting or something. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ivy is so pretty; she might be my favourite child yet. Arizona is a pretty teen, though the boys seem to have really tiny eyes? Or that might just be me. Well done on completing that Social Butterfly aspiration, that's a doozy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like that Ivy turned out so differently than her siblings! They do have tiny eyes. It looks less odd on the girls I think, but both my simself and Fidele have tiny eyes.

      Delete