Monday, December 14, 2020

Birth Queen Week 1

So I'm Hydrogen, and I'm here to start a new colony of aliens on SimEarth. I had been training to be a pollinator most of my life, so this shouldn't be too hard. 

One of the perks of living here is that I can finally have my own dog. I brought little Ophelia, here, with me before I left.

Honestly, I'd much rather have a fluffy, dog baby around than actual babies. Thankfully my offspring would be going to our caretakers to raise.

Speaking of babies, one of the drones that was sent to breed with me stopped by. We had two drones and two humans that were supposed to help us populate this little colony.

This particular drone was named Boron. He seemed to have a lot of confidence and swagger. I had to admit, he was pretty cute.

Boron seemed really excited that I chose him as the first drone to mate with.

And with that, it was time to get down to business.

I invited Boron out to this cool new night club to give him the good news I was pregnant.

After that, I wandered off to get something to eat. I met two of the caretakers at the club. They seemed nice. I was glad my future children would be in good hands.

Boron kept following me around for some reason. I only invited him out to share the good news and party. Birth Queens weren't meant to have long term relationships, and well Boron should already know that. Maybe he fell asleep in school.

Back at home, things were not fun. What? I never learned how to cook. I was supposed to have someone else do the cooking for me.

Since there weren't any techs on the planet yet, it looks like I'm going to be responsible to make my own helper. I'm sure I'll do just fine. How hard could it be?

Boron invited me on a date, and after the disastrous day I had, I was starving, so naturally I accepted.

I tried to make it clear I didn't want a relationship with him, but I don't think he really was paying attention.

I ended up leaving early. No one should see me like this. I am the Birth Queen. Standing in a puddle of my own waste was a disgrace!

I decided to ignore Boron's calls, but apparently that wasn't enough for him to get the hint because he showed up outside my house one day.

Maybe I should train Ophelia to be an attack dog.

No, I needed him for babies. He's making me feel all icky showing up all the time, but we're not like humans! Or at least Drones and Birth Queens aren't.

Well, I decided to distract myself by playing video games, and of course Boron followed me in, uninvited. I guess he was fun to hang out with.

I can't wait for this pregnancy to be over with. I'm tired of constantly being hungry and tired, and I've had more accidents than I care to admit. 

So I guess I'm a techie? Look at me, a Birth Queen and a tech. Who would've thought! I guess that's what happens when there aren't any actual technicians around. 

I'm starting to get really good at this robotics thing. I even made a cleaning droid.

I felt cooped up in the house, so I took Ophelia on a walk. I probably should've brushed her first. Her coat was looking kind of dirty.

Our walk was cut short, however, when I went into labor. I gave birth to twin boys Oxygen and Nitrogen.

I guess now that it's all over, being pregnant wasn't as bad as I thought.

Ophelia ran away. I'm guessing she thought the babies would get more attention than her? Nonsense! She's my number one baby. Besides, they're being sent away to the nursery as soon as they become toddlers, or earlier if I feel like it. I placed an ad, hoping somebody will have found her.

She came back home the next morning, and I rewarded her with lots of treats and a nice long bath.

I invited Boron over for love day and to get started on our next additions to the colony.

After talking with him, he seemed okay with the idea of having an open relationship. I haven't even met the other Drone yet. When I do it's going to be awkward for Boron.

We got started on those babies right away. I didn't even know two could fitting my little sleeper pod, but it was a lot roomier than I thought!

Being pregnant again, I was kind of ready for my other kids to go, no offense to them. I'm glad I wasn't assigned to be a caretaker. It must be hard work.

I think Ophelia and my cleaning bot will be the two constants in my life, and I'm okay with that.

Time for Nitrogen and Oxygen to head off to the nursery. One of the caretakers stopped by to pick them up. It's kind of odd to think one of them was blue. Wonder where they got that from? Did I have some latent genetic material I didn't know about?

With the older spawn at the nursery, I felt rejuvenated. I decided to work on some upgrades for my cleaning bot.

I think the next children I have will be sent away sooner.

I used my extra energy to start burning off the baby weight. I needed to look and be in top physical condition.

Of course there are other ways to burn off energy...

I guess Boron and I are sort of a thing now maybe? I'm trying not to make this too complicated.

He stayed afterwards to play on my computer. Surely he has one of his own.

Maybe fancy stuff is what he's getting out of his relationship with me? Who knows? It's something to figure out at a later time.

No comments:

Post a Comment