Thursday, November 7, 2019

A Perfect Alphabetacy 0.4

 Welcome back to the Perfect Alphabetacy, where I'm trying to get a child with pink hair and eyes! Last time little Aurora, above, was born, and she had the eyes but not the hair. Just a heads up, this chapter will be wrapping up this generation. I've made some changes, which I'll mention at the end.

 "Ah, children doing homework. It seems like just yesterday I was a child."

"You were a child yesterday Amos. It was literally just your birthday."

 Alec sighting! He invited himself over, and of course I had Luna invite him in. I miss Alec.

 Aurora wanted to get to know her big brother. Of course, sims being sims, they decided to leave the nice, dry house and chat outside in the rain.

 "I want you all to be on your best behavior because there's another baby on the way, and I'm way too tired to deal with your shenanigans."

"But you just had a baby!"

"I don't even think you're pregnant. You're not even showing."

"Trusts me, Amara, I'm pregnant."

 These toddlers still love their popcorn. Ignore Aurora's grumpy face. She loves popcorn, I promise. I can't remember if it was Alec or Amos that was constantly hungry as a toddler, but Aurora is just like them. She'll eat popcorn, a whole plate of food, wander off for a bit, and then she needs to be fed again.

 This snazzy looking vampire showed up outside our door. As cool as he is, I'm glad he didn't drink from any of my sims.

 Why are you wearing your coat indoors.

"It's freezing!"

Turn on the thermostat.

"I can't. I'm a child."

It's true, for some reason kids can't adjust the thermostat because well I don't know why honestly.

 Amos has taken over the role of awesome older sibling now that Alec left.

 "I don't need my coat anymore do I? I look like such a fool right now."

 "I can't believe you're wearing your coat inside! What a weirdo."

"Hey it was super cold earlier."

"Whatever. 'Hey I'm Alaric, and I don't know how to dress because I'm a weirdo.'"

"Hey I'm Ainsley, and I'm going to be late for school because I'm still in my PJs."

 "Why did I agree to be pregnant again. I feel like it's Luna's turn. I've taken way more turns than her having babies."

 As much as Angela complains, it doesn't stop her from rolling whims like this. These two are some of the most miserable pregnant sims I've ever had, but they keep rolling whims for more kids."

 Finish your food!

"No! Hate food."

But you're always hungry!

"Hate! Food!"

 School project day! Amara doesn't really need to do hers since she grows up tomorrow, but I figured it couldn't hurt.

 Amos looks so proud of himself for finishing his rocket.

 And it's birthday time for Amara!

 She grew up super pretty! I would have made either her or Alec heir if I wasn't playing by these rules. Why must my spares be so pretty?

 You have the whole day off of school, and you want to clean? Don't you want to do something fun?

"Cleaning is fun to me."

 I decided to invite Luna's family over, so everyone could bond. This is her sister Ginny and brother-in-law Michael's child that I can't remember the name of. He and Michael just spent the whole time mooching off of our food.

 Eventually Angela and Amara got to know the rest of the family a little better. It was a shame Luna was at work and couldn't join in.

 Such a good big brother!

 There's literally never a time where everyone's asleep in this house. Aurora and Luna are about to go to bed, while Amara just woke up for the day.

 "So now that you're older, will you help me take care of the kids?"

"Haha you're so funny Amos."

 Winterfest was a very eventful day for the household. Since they're super poor, they  couldn't afford the bills, so the power was shut off. Angela also got sick.

 After selling some stuff, it was time for Aurora's birthday (and a diaper change).

 Aurora grew up to be quite a cutie!

 Shortly after Aurora's birthday, Angela went into labor.

 Little Abigail joined the family. We finally have another child with the pink hair, but she didn't inherit the eyes. At this point, I was feeling like giving up on the challenge honestly. Seven kids in, and none of them had the right genetics.

 The family came together to decorate for Winterfest despite all the drama earlier in the day.

 I too decorate my Christmas tree by throwing ornaments in the air.

 All the kids were excited to meet Father Winter. Amara was the only one to receive a negative gift because she'd been bad. She got a future cube, so I'm not sure that was really a punishment.

 "What are you doing up so early Aurora? And eating cake for breakfast?"

"I do what I want!"

 She really does. After breakfast, she decided to go play pirates in the freezing cold, wearing nothing but a t-shirt and shorts.

 This time Luna wants another baby. Sorry, but it's not happening.

Seeing little Abigail's sad face made me sad. I was starting to just feel sad about the challenge in general. I felt like I was ignoring all the kids and just speeding through to try and get a baby with the right genetics. I mean such is the way of a Perfect Genetics challenge, but I wasn't having fun.

At this point I decided to make Alec my heir, and for the time being, make pink hair the only requirement. Alec's spouse has elf ears, so that might be my other genetic requirement, but we'll see. I think I'll have more fun having less kids with just a hair color requirement.

I also might be narrating Alec's generation, and future generations, a little differently, but I'm not sure yet.

For those of you reading, thanks for sticking with me while I took a break from the challenge and made some changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment