Thursday, December 10, 2020

TGBO 100 Paintings

 

Hello and welcome to one of my first attempts at the 15th Birthday TGBO challenge. In an effort to have cute sims that related to anyone for my CEA kids to have babies with I'm setting all these challenges there.  I have a decent amount of non-related sims already up on my gallery since I did a few bachelor challenges and sim requests and the like.

This is Tori Fong, and she's going to be attempting to paint 100 unique paintings.



These are just here to prove she has no skills and hasn't done anything and is a "fresh" copy of herself.

Since Tori has the Painter aspiration and due to the nature of the challenge, she naturally joined the painter career.

And so it begins. Get used to it because you're going be doing a lot of this.

I added Tori's wife in my past save, Juniper, to the house when I was making Tori. She's a fresh copy too, not that it really matters because the challenge isn't about her.

I'm excited to name their kids this time because last time they had twins named Diamond and Princess. The names were unfortunate, but I also thought they were funny, so they kept those names.

I decided to have them live in Mt. Komorebi since I hadn't explored it much, and there was a festival there the first day.

Just two gals building snow pals together.

Tori managed to snag a selfie with Yamachan before they left.

Back at home, they commenced with the wooing...

...and the hooing. Just for fun it was a Try for Baby because they need a kid, and why not have a kid when you barely have enough money and have no room in your house?

What does Juniper do when she wakes up? Burn her food and set the stove on fire. The stove that's now too expensive for us to replace.

Juniper: Eh we'll make enough money to replace it tomorrow.

Spoiler alert, they don't.

When you're the only vampire in the game, so you have to catch a flight every night to fulfill the "have a vampire creep outside a sim's house" requirement the game seems to have.

Since we don't have enough money for bills or to replace the stove,  I've had to have Tori sell most of her paintings. At least this one was a duplicate?

Pre-stove burning, I built a basement to keep all the paintings in. I kept this one because it's cute. I love the little gnome!

Don't look so proud of yourself.

Juniper: I'm pregnant!

Tori: Where are we going to put it?

Juniper: Um...the basement?

Tori: We don't have the money or room to put stairs leading down to the basement.

Juniper: My life is a mess!

You think? I mean it is partially my fault since I made them try for a baby, but I also didn't make a certain someone burn the stove.

The game must seriously love this painting.

I realized it was really dumb that I had Juniper get a part time job, so for now she's writing a book to hold them over.

The book made anywhere between $1 and $2 a day. Very profitable.

Why just a book? Because the power went out right after she finished it off since they can't afford to pay their freaking bills!

New plan was to send Juniper out fishing, which didn't happen because apparently that's not a thing in Mt. Komorebi? 

At least they added swimming here. I'm glad you can swim in more worlds than just Sulani.

Juniper's swim didn't last long because she went into labor.

Welcome to the family Louis!

Tori: Do you notice anything different?

Juniper: Do YOU notice anything different?

Tori: I asked first.

Juniper: Uh...

Tori: We have electricity again. I made enough money to pay our bills.

Juniper: I popped out a baby.

(I also put more cc back in, so they got new hairstyles.)

Despite being oblivious to Louis's existence (when he was in the same room!!!), Tori is a good mom.

Cute painting is cute. That is all.

Juniper's now making plugins because they make slightly more money and are quicker to complete.

Juniper and Tori both earned the Close-Knit lifestyle by the end of the challenge (I know it says in progress here). I guess because they mainly just interacted with each other.

Juniper was also in the process of earning Indoorsy and Tori the Workaholic one.

I did let them have some fun and visit the Festival of Lights.

It's nice to see some of my other sims here, even if they don't live anywhere near the mountains.

Lori: I hate these stupid stinky leaves.

Laila: I love the stinky leaves and will defend them with my life. See I'm just standing here while you impale me with your foot.

Tori: Stupid @#$@! vending machine stole my money.

Tori: Success! I only had to shake it like ten times too.

Instead of attacking vending machines, Juniper placed a wish on the Tanabata tree.

I think it's funny that Juniper's work outfit makes her look like a teenager. She's like the epitome of that "Hello my fellow kids" meme.

It's Louis' birthday! He rolled the Silly trait.

My sims seem to always come home stinky and miserable after a promotion.

Tori: Maybe you should take better care of us.

Here's a quick peek at how Tori's doing with the paintings. Not bad so far!

Louis sleeps in the living room because there is literally  no room in this house for a child.

Juniper: Guess what? I'm pregnant again!

Tori: Why?

This was all risky woohoo. The only easiest way to raise their fun is through woohoo, so I guess this one's also on me.

With that in mind, it was time for me to pack up the paintings and go house hunting on the gallery. I don't know if you can see it, but so far we're at 37.

With a new house, that left them with barely any money, it was time for Juniper to get a full time job. She now works in the Education career.

First Winterfest as a family!

Juniper added to that family when she came home from work the next day.

Welcome to the family Leah!

Seriously? You just had one!

Juniper: There are three kid bedrooms and two kids.

That doesn't mean you have to fill them all.

I did have them try for baby again, but thankfully nothing came of it.

Here's Tori finishing the off the part of her aspiration I always forget about, staring at paintings in a museum.

We need the money, so sure let's mess around with time.

Here's proof Louis maxed all his toddler skills, like the day before his birthday. Sorry I didn't have more pictures of you as a toddler, bud.

Cake time! (I don't feel right calling this or any of the other birthdays a party with cake, since I didn't throw an actual party).

Here's child Louis under an outrageously bright light. He has the Social Butterfly aspiration and gained the Glutton trait.

Not to be outdone by her brother, Leah grows up the next day under another outrageously bright light. She has the Fussy trait. (Yay! *sarcasm*)

I just think the way toddlers stumble and toddle around before learning more of the movement skill is adorable.

Tori completed her aspiration! One less thing to worry about.

I didn't realize that would unlock the ability for Tori to paint all of the emotional painting types, like this angsty painting.

Tori: What is life?

Louis is a true social butterfly. Here he is making best friends with Lenore Silver. I'll probably get them together when they're older because. What? It's never too early to start matchmaking! 

Juniper: Do none of their parents care about them? It's one in the morning, and they're at my house playing games.

One of them is also your child.

Juniper: Louis, it's time to shut this thing down.

Louis: *grumbles* Alright mom.

Louis: She said I could only stay up to finish my homework.

Dance, dance, dance to max that movement skill!

I managed to get somewhat of a family picture. I mean Leah isn't in it, and Louis is about to leave, but it still warms my heart.

Leah maxed her toddler skills with time to spare.

Buuuuuuut I apparently took no pictures during the three days that followed. Anyway, here's child Leah. She has the Insider trait and the Whiz Kid aspiration.

She's already making quick work on her aspiration too.

Just look at them in their cute lil uniforms!

I sent Juniper and Tori out for Love Day, and they seemed to have a good time, even with that lady third wheeling it.

Fun fact, both the kids gave each parent a flower for love day, and both reacted negatively. Now they're at home all by themselves. Way to parent you guys.

I should also note that Juniper wanted another baby again for some reason.

An actual group photo. I just <3

Looks like that a baby is on the way. Tori was supposed to have her adult birthday, but I guess it doesn't matter with Sims 4's weird pregnancy aging stuff.

Tori is indeed pregnant, and pregnant with twins no less.

Juniper you have no right to make that kind of face. This is what you wanted.

Juniper: Now there'll be more babies than bedrooms. 

You have a whole master bedroom you don't use we could convert for the twins.

Juniper: So, you're saying we should have another baby after that to even out the bedroom situation.

I am definitely not saying that.

I sent the kiddos along with Gus and Lenore off to the Youth Festival. I really wish I would've looked up the activities because they would've gotten a lot more out of it.

Leah at least got a selfie, that Gus, Louis, and a random townie photobombed.

Look at them with their matching school projects and matching expressions. These two are just too cute.

Louis: I can't believe we have to do our homework outside in the rain.

Leah: I know! I'm so scared it'll start storming.

No one is making you do this!

Time for the final baby time! Meet Kade and Keira.

That sure is an interesting work outfit you've got there.

And with that, Tori aged into an adult and finished off her last few paintings. I played a few more days for Louis and the twins to grow up.

I guess I didn't take any pictures, but Louis added Self-Assured to his traits, and he has the Extreme Sports Enthusiast aspiration. Kade got the Charmer trait, and Kiera got the Inquisitive trait.

The family is up on the gallery, and Louis and Leah will probably make appearances in my CEA since they're both friends with Gus, from my main family there.

Now for the paintings! (I accidentally did 101, but that's okay)






Points:
+25 for the first hurdle
+50 for the second hurdle
+75 for the third hurdle
+100 for crossing the finish line
+30 for completing Tori's Aspiration
+20 for completing the challenge in one generation
+10 for Tori maxing the painting skill
+225 for ever $15,000 in family funds ($239,823)
+10 for Story Share
-30 for Repo visits (their power was shutoff three times, which is the sims 4 equivalent of not paying your bills)
Total: 515

No comments:

Post a Comment