Monday, July 1, 2019

Name Game Generation One: 1.1

Hello and welcome to my (third) attempt at the Name Game challenge. I absolutely adore this challenge, and I was so sad when I lost my previous attempts when my computer died on me. This time I'm starting over and using my simself as the founder. Meet Ali Sim. Her aspiration is Successful Lineage (because I've never completed that one before), and her traits are Paranoid, Cat Lover, and Vegetarian. Also note, I am horrible at making sims that look like real people, so this sort of resembles me, sort of doesn't. The hair, nose, and glasses are close enough!

On top of the normal challenge stuff, I'll be doing these additional challenges:

  • Top of my Career
  • A Lifetime of Aspiring
  • Skilled Sims
  • Collections
  • Paintings
  • The Matriarchy
  • Let the Public Decide
  • The Simself
  • Parent of an Occult
  • The Arizona Von Matterhorn

Day one starts off with Sim!Me getting a job in the Tech Guru career. It's the closest thing to my actual job I can find.

Then Sim!Me gets to play video games all day to boost her career performance. I wish my job was that awesome in real life.

Queue the welcome wagon arriving! I've set up this save to have various sims I've made over the years as townies. The sim on my left is actually from one of my other attempts at the Name Game Challenge.
From left to right: Arianna Kalson, Mirasol Lovelace, and Elizabeth Lockwood.

It's good to know that my Simself is also not a fruitcake lover.

The fruitcake is then promptly thrown in the trash, so there's no risk of anyone eating it ever again.

My simself seemed to only be interested in talking to Elizabeth Lockwood. Could there possibly be a romantic connection there?

So Sim!Me got mad when she found out that Alien 108, a totally undisguised alien, was in fact an alien. I mean the name, the blue skin...
Also I would not be upset meeting an alien in real life. I'm a big fan of aliens, and I have a little collection of alien stuff.

 It's time to hit the nightclub in order to do some more spouse hunting. This is when I realized that I didn't finish any of the other outfits for my simself, not that this outfit is terrible, and I also forgot to add my glasses. Oh well, that can be fixed later. Spouse hunting first!

It's so funny watching Sim!Me do things that I would never do in real life, like go to a nightclub to begin with or sing karaoke.

The first eligible lady my simself runs into is Fidele Willowsburg. Let's see how things go.

"So this club is pretty nice right? I mean for nightclub."

"I guess?"


Commence operation awkward flirting!

My simself was also able to score a first kiss with Fidele while her distant cousins looks on. It looks like she might approve?

Fidele is officially my simself's girlfriend. I made sure to move fast, just so MCCC doesn't marry off to someone else, hopefully.

Sim!Me arrives home properly dressed and now able to see.

Flirting and partying is exhausting work. Time to crash for the night, well technically day.

"You can't judge my cooking. You're a terrible cook too."

She speaks the truth.

"But you don't even watch Game of Thrones Llamas!"

I completely forgot the house I selected had a hedgehog. Time to pay some attention to him.

"Please don't bite me! I have a girlfriend to propose to tonight, and I think she'd like me much better alive and in non rodent form."

Love Day fell the day after the TV Premiere Day. After going to work, Sim!Me takes Fidele out for a fancy dinner at the funnest sounding restaurant I could find in the save.

 The food was taking forever, so what better way to pass time then propose?

"I know we've only known each other for two days, but will you marry me?"

"How could I say no to this ring?"

"I'm super surprised I'm actually able to carry you right now. It must be the magic of love giving me strength."

Dinner finally arrived. Fidele ordered a very sophisticated meal following the chef's suggestion for the day, and well my simself ordered just about the only thing I'd actually eat at the restaurant. 

This guy decided to creep on us and ruin the totally romantic that was taking place.

"Why don't we get out of here since that guy is not only creepily staring at us still, but now he's trying to talk to us."

"Sounds like the best idea I've heard all night, aside from you agreeing to marry me."

Fidele moves in, and wakes up bright and early the next morning, excited to start wedding planning.

First, though, she needs to get a job. I had her join the Freelance Artist career. I'm not sure how well it works with promotions and such. I might have her switch careers if things don't work out.

Fidele gets to work right away designing icons for a MySims Go app. I'm guessing it's like Pokemon Go?

Where is my simself during all this, you may ask? She's out on the water slide striking fabulous poses.

"Watcha doing?"

"Trying to recreate a picture of someone's dead ancestor."

"Creepy, but I support you."

Fidele was leveling up her painting skill fairly quickly. I had her take this gig because I thought the description was funny.

"I think it's time to call it quits for today. I need some medicine and to get ready for my wedding."

Looks like there was a slight detour before the wedding.


I feel like Sim!Me actually looks really skinny in that dress. I'm not complaining. For some reason I don't get to see on my virtual wedding day apparently.

A pretty wedding at a pretty park.

Apparently the side effects of that little detour are already being felt.

"I'm going to love you for ever."

Sim!Me is now crying uncontrollably, out of happiness of course and pregnancy hormones."

Now introducing Mrs. and Mrs. Willowsburg.

I decided it might be a good idea for my simself to get to know Fidele's brothers. They seemed pretty cool about me being the new addition to their family.

It's time to wrap up the party with some invisible cake feeding.

Time to announce the pregnancy!

"What are you serious? You're really pregnant?"

"Just kidding! I'm so excited to be a mom!"

"Well that's a relief."

Fidele gets back to work on forging a piece of art.

Sim!Me is also working, but I think she might be having a little more fun than her wife right now.

Apparently the criminals on the art scene are really harsh criminals. Fidele had to edit the piece of art she was forging at least six times before they'd except it.

"I hate this job. Please get me a new one."

It makes such good money though!

Time flies when you're waiting on the arrival of a baby. My simself is now in her second trimester. This is super weird having an entirely different virtual life. I've never really played as my simself before.

"Man this baby is getting in the way of me playing video games."

Fidele works off some of the stress of waiting for the new baby by taking it out on the punching bag.


"Can I just have this baby already?"

Soon. Very, very soon.

A few hours later, it's baby time!

HA HA What a HILARIOUS turn of events, my simself gives birth to triplets. My game has been so nice to me in regards to multiples with all my other challenges, but nooo of course a sim based off of me would throw me triplets.

Anyway, meet Arjun, Avery, and Arizona (Yes I'm going there already). I honestly kind of blanked after the first name.

You'd think I'd be used to this by now with as often as my game was throwing me multiples, but I'm really not. 

Fidele manages to temporarily escape the madness that is raising triplets by working on her aspiration. She managed to collect seventeen out of the twenty-five frogs.

I decided that there was no way the collections were going to fit in the upper levels of the house, so I decided to build a collection basement. So far we have frogs, the holiday cracker plushies, crystals, metals, and MySims trophies.

 Not long after building the collection room, Fidele finished the holiday cracker plushies collection...

...And the voidcritters collection!

My simself seems to be an actually competent mom. I mean sure she's feeding the baby when he obviously needs changed, but it's something right?

Babies don't stay babies for long, and soon it was the triplets' birthday.

Up first Arjun, who got the wild trait.

Next is Arizona, who got the clingy trait. (I don't know why she was so pale as a baby).

Last but not least is Avery, who got the Angelic trait.

I really love that they added a trait randomizer in the game!

Next time: We will see if I remember who to raise multiples without the house descending into utter chaos. I will also probably be moving the family to the new island world once Island Paradise comes out.


Sims Nano Information
Word Count: 1563
Picture Count: 65

3 comments:

  1. Oh my triplets on your first pregnancy. At least Ali is a short name so not as many kids are needed. :) What fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lmao, damn, your game likes to troll you. Triplets right away! But at least you'll get the AVM generation out of the way quickly, I guess?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My game loves to give me multiples. (Except in TS3, but TS2 and TS4 I get them super often). I don't know if I'll regret trying the AVM generation, but I'll find out.

      Delete